Explore small business insurance resources + Insights
Stay up to date on emerging industry treands and topics
the COVID Crisis
There are 31.7 million small businesses in the U.S., and a good number of them rely on vans to move their businesses – whether they are bakeries, flower shops, computer repair services or medical supply companies.
The latest generation of commercial vans are designed for business and feature expansive cargo bays, flexible storage options and fuel-efficient engines.
Assurance Total Protection’s commercial van, or cargo insurance plans are tailored to meet the needs of America’s small businesses. If you operate a company van for an employer or own your own business van, you will want, at minimum, liability insurance.
Liability insurance will ensure any injuries or damage to other individuals or property is paid for if you are at fault in case of an accident. It is crucial you, your business, and your vehicles are protected with the right commercial van insurance policy.
Assurance Total Protection’s policies are ideally suited for the following:
- Cargo Vans
- Sprinter Vans
- Delivery Vans
- Courier Vans
- Refrigerated Vans
- Step Vans
- Passenger Transportation
- Para-transit Units
Cargo insurance coverage will prevent your company from suffering business and profits in the event of a crash or other damage to your vehicle.
What kind of commercial van insurance does Assurance Total Protection provide?
The standard coverage options are:
- Liability Insurance: This coverage addresses damage you cause others in an at-fault accident. Most states require liability insurance. It pays for medical expenses and in some cases, provides death benefits. Property liability coverage pays for damage to others’ property, such as vehicles and structures.
- Collision Insurance: Covers damage to your vehicle as the result of a crash.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Covers damage from non-accident mishaps, like theft or weather damage.
- Medical Coverage: Pays personal medical bills and those of your passengers. It may also cover death expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance:Protects you from damage from underinsured or uninsured individuals.
Based on your company’s needs, additional coverage may be needed. Talk to the commercial van experts at Assurance Total Protection.
How do I know if I need commercial van insurance?
In general, if a vehicle is used in tasks related to the operator’s occupation, profession, or business (other than commuting), a commercial policy is necessary.
You may need a commercial policy if you:
- Transport goods or people in your vehicle for work
- Conduct a business service with your vehicle
- Haul tools or equipment in a business vehicle
- Have employees who drive a business vehicle
- Have a company that owns a truck or van
- Need high liability insurance limits
Commercial vans are integral to the role of small businesses and small businesses are the cog that makes the American economy chug along. According to the Small Business Administration, small businesses comprise 99.9 percent of all companies and created 10.5 million net new jobs from 2000 to 2019 while large businesses created 5.6 million new jobs during the same period.
Why Assurance Total Protection?
As a Progressive Commercial local agent, Assurance Total Protection is part of a winning national network. Progressive is the largest commercial auto insurer in the U.S. Progressive offers a range of discounts to help you lower your premium, including the option to bundle your commercial vehicle insurance with your personal policy, as well as other types of business insurance.
Let the cargo insurance experts at Assurance Total Protection help you and your small business put together an insurance protection plan that works for you.