Affordable & Quality
Explore small business insurance resources + Insights
Stay up to date on emerging industry treands and topics
the COVID Crisis
Whether your motorcycle is an ATV or UTV, sport bike, cruiser, or dirt bike, Assurance Total Protection, a Nationwide and Progressive Insurance local agency, has your wheels covered. If you ride a motorcycle on the open road or off the beaten path, make sure you have the right coverage to stay safe and protected.
We can customize a motorcycle insurance package that meets your unique motorbike needs.
How much does motorcycle insurance cost?
That depends on a range of factors, including your riding habits, type of bike you ride, where you ride, and your history. Rest assured that the motorcycle experts at Assurance Total Protection will be able to craft an insurance package that provides optimal protection at a competitive price.
Is motorcycle insurance required?
Nearly every state in the U.S. requires motorcycle insurance coverage. While most states require a minimum amount of liability coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage are optional unless you’re financing your bike, in which case your financing company may require those coverages. Even when motorcycle insurance isn’t required, carrying a policy can be critical in protecting your bike against damage and your assets if you’re liable in an accident.
What does motorcycle insurance cover?
Motorcycle insurance covers mishaps that can happen while you’re on or off the road. Here are the most common coverages on a motorcycle policy:
- Liability: Liability coverage is mandatory in most states and can pay for damages to other vehicles or objects, injuries to other drivers and passengers, and lawsuits if you’re sued due to an accident.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage is typically required if you’re financing or leasing your bike and protects against events beyond your control, including theft, vandalism, windshield damage, fire, hitting an animal, and acts of nature.
- Collision: Collision coverage is also usually required by your lender and can pay for damages resulting from a crash with another vehicle or object or if your bike overturns, regardless of who’s at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist property bodily injury and property damage: Uninsured motorist (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverages pay for repairs or replacement of your bike up to your policy’s limits if your motorcycle is damaged by a motorist with no insurance or without enough coverage. UM and UIM coverages also cover your injuries, up to the limits of your policy, if you’re hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Medical payments: This coverage pays for medical expenses for you and your passengers if you’re in an accident, regardless of fault.
In addition to these common coverages, Assurance Total Protection, alongside Nationwide and Progressive offer extra coverages that cover the following:
Brand new motorcycle if you total yours
Total loss coverage: If you have a newer bike and it’s totaled in a covered accident, we’ll pay you the full manufacturer’s suggested retail price for a new motorcycle, minus your policy’s deductible.
Suppose you bought your bike for $20,000 a couple of years ago. Now it may only be worth $15,000 after depreciation. However, if the bike’s latest model costs $20,000, that’s the amount you’ll receive after paying your deductible.
Roadside assistance and trip interruption: If you’re within 100 feet of the road and your bike becomes disabled, we’ll tow it to the nearest repair facility for free. You can also add “trip interruption” coverage, which pays for food, transportation, and hotel expenses up to $500 per incident. Keep in mind that roadside assistance must be purchased before you can add trip interruption coverage.
Belongings on your bike
Carried contents and personal belongings: Covers personal items you carry on your motorcycle if they’re damaged due to a covered loss. Covered items include phones, laptops, apparel, camping, and hunting gear.
25% deductible drop
Vanishing Deductibles: For every claim-free policy term, we’ll subtract either $100 or 25% from your deductible amount. For instance, if you buy a Nationwide or Progressive motorcycle policy and your collision deductible is $1,000, we’ll lower it to $900 or $750 if you haven’t filed a claim by your first renewal. If you’re still claim-free at your next renewal, your deductible amount will drop another $100 or 25% — and so on, all the way down to $0. Learn more about vanishing deductibles.
Lost wages if you get injured
Enhanced injury protection: If you’re unable to work due to an injury in a covered accident, Progressive will pay you up to $250 per week for two straight years. If you’re in a fatal accident, we’ll pay $25,000 to your beneficiaries.
Full value for replacement parts
If you’re in a covered accident, Progressive will restore your damaged bike to pre-accident condition or better. Suppose your bike’s five-year-old front tire with 10,000 miles has a depreciated value of $50, but a new one costs $150. With Progressive’s no depreciation policy, we’ll give you $150 for a similar replacement tire.
Let the motorcycle insurance professionals at Assurance Total Protection help you build you an insurance package that keeps you safe and protected on the open road – or off it.